Crisis Counseling Certification
Do you know the DSM-5® changes in Trauma and Stress Disorders?
Each new crisis has improved our ability to respond to crisis. The DSM has changed, and the research on crisis intervention strategies have yielded evidenced based protocols.
Do you know what strategies are deemed most effective during crisis response?
In grad school we probably learned models of crisis counseling, but you as a practitioner, you have probably found the models quite different than the real world. Our new crisis and trauma response workshop is predicated on evidenced based treatment, but firmly built on a foundation of human compassion.
Are you prepared for the next family or community crisis?
Our new course, Crisis and Trauma Response, offers 12 hours of approved CE credit (including three hours of professional ethics) and is $97. We will also give you a client resource set for creating calm in crisis. You can even give it to your clients as a resource for them in crisis.
This is a practical course, based on real-life interventions in the counseling, community and social work setting. Downloadable lectures punctuated by interviews with leading practitioners will be the format. These are just some of the topics explored:
- Critical Incident Protocols
- Applied models of crisis response in counseling
- DSM-5 Changes in trauma and stress disorders
- Emotions and mental illness
- Addiction and incarceration
- Terror, anxiety and public fear
- Community chaos and disaster response
- Situational safety response
- Adults, teens and children in crisis
- Evidenced based treatment in crisis counseling
- Interviews with experts in the field of crisis response
Our goal in this course is to help you with three aspects of crisis response:
- Create effective emergency counseling interventions
- Manage crisis in you organization or workplace
- Be an effective member of the community response to crisis
Interviews with crisis response leaders. Several interviews with leaders in crisis response who have been first responders at New York on 9/11, providers of critical care communication in Cairo, and leaders in regional crisis events will punctuate your learning in this course.
The format of this course is entirely audio with supplied notes and resources. You can listen to each lesson online or even download the course material to any phone, tablet or other device and get CE hours on the go.
- 12 Easy to access .mp3 audio lessons
- 12 corresponding resource handouts
- 12 Hours of Approved CE hours (includes 3 hours of ethics)
- 3 hours of online professional ethics
- Access to our online social media group where hundreds of other therapists are exchanging ideas.
- Lesson 1: Crisis and Trauma Response
- Lesson 2: Applied Models of Crisis Counseling
- Lesson 3: DSM-5® Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders
- Lesson 4: Interview with 9/11 Crisis Counselor
- Lesson 5: Assessment in Crisis Response & Interviewing Skills
- Lesson 6: Techniques of Crisis Interviewing and Assessing Suicidal and Homicidal Risk
- Lesson 7: Suicide Prevention Strategies & Special Populations in Crisis Response
- Lesson 8: Interview: LGBT youth Homelessness and crisis response needs
- Lesson 9: Mindfulness & Acceptance Based Therapies in Crisis Response
- Lesson 10: Treatment Planning: Cyberbullying and Criminal Activity trauma
- Lesson 11: Interview: The Five-Minute Miracle
- Lesson 12: Organizational Response
You will also get a downloadable Creating Calm in Crisis Resource Set of .mp3′s teaching skills of creating calm in crisis that you can give to your clients. This training series is a tremendous resource for teaching clients a practical skill to take physical control over the emotions that are paralyzing them. You can give it away as a tool to all of your clients!
Therapists who take this prerequisite course are also eligible to take the Certified Crisis and Trauma Response Specialist certification program through Peachtree Professional Education and earn 30 hours of CE credit.
Be one of the first 50 to take this course. Be a leader in your community. Get the free resource set you can give to your clients.
Take your skills to the next level!
Become a Certified Crisis and Trauma Response Specialist
The complete 30 hour certification program includes all of the above course materials, plus access to the additional instructions to complete an additional 18 hours of texbook based continuing education. You will also get access to ten video presentations focusing on skills in crisis, trauma and therapeutic strategies.
Become certified and enhance your professional identity and earn CE hours with meaning.
Here are the details of this certification program- http://fastceus.com/product/certified-crisis-and-trauma-response-specialist-30-hour-ceu-program/